Cooking Matters for Adults
Date: June 24, 2015 - July 30, 2015
Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension Saginaw Office, 1 Tuscola Street
Contact: Keri Kenney, Kenneyk3@anr.msu.edu, (988)758-2500
Cooking Matters for Adults is a nutrition program where participants will learn how to eat healthy, cook, and grocery shop on a limited budget. The program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately two hours each. With the help of an experienced chef and nutrition educator, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, budget friendly meals for their family. Each week, participants will receive take-home food, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class.
The class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge.
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion