Cooking Matters for Adults
Date: February 26, 2015 - April 2, 2015
Time: 8:45 - 10:45 a.m.
Location: Durant Turi Mott Elementary, 1518 University Ave., Flint, Mi 48504
Contact: Lynette Kaiser, 810-244-8516, email@example.com
Cooking Matters for Adults is a nutrition program where participants will learn how to eat healthy, cook, and grocery shop on a limited budget. the program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately two hours each. With the help of an experienced chef and nutrition educator, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, budget friendy meals for their family. Each week, participants will receive take-home food, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in cass.
This class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion
Located at Durant Turi Mott Elementary, 1518 University Ave., Flint, Mi 48504 (Between Easter Seals and Children's Museum)