Cooking Matters for Adults
Date: January 12, 2015 - February 16, 2015
Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
Location: West Midland Family Center, 4011 W Isabella Rd, Shepherd, MI 48883
Contact: Melissa Coosard, 989-832-6713, firstname.lastname@example.org
The program consists of six lessons, lasting approximately one and half hours each. With the help of chef and nutrition educator, particpants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, wallet friendly meals for their family. Each week, particpants will receive take-home groceries, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class.
The class series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction.
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Interactive grocery store tour and $10 challenge (if schedule permits)
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion
Class series are taught throughout the community, including but not limited to community centers, churches, schools and local MSU Extension offices. Group series are available if there at 6-15 people, and at least half of the group is Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) eligible.
To learn more about SNAP benefits visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap