Conflict Smoothies 2013-2014
Date: October 3, 2013 - February 6, 2014
Time: 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Contact: Lela Vandenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org or Georgia Peterson: email@example.com
Conflict Smoothies are a series of nine, 30-minute online sessions focused on interpersonal and inter-group conflict resolution. They consist of engaging and interactive ‘snippets’ of a comprehensive framework. All will occur from 1:30-2:00 p.m. EST on two Thursdays per month from October 3, 2013 through February 6, 2014. Most of the time is spent building understanding and practicing skills (through poll and chat pods). Please join us for some healthy thought nourishment that will build your conflict muscles! Here are the titles (see the flyer, for more descriptive info):
1. Approach: How to handle a conflict? October 3, 2013
2. Begin: How to avoid fight or flight? (Part 1) October 17, 2013
3. Listen: How to avoid fight or flight? (Part 2) November 7, 2013
4. Apologize or Contrast: How to avoid fight or flight? (Part 3) November 21, 2013
5. Reframe: How to move toward resolution? December 5, 2013
6. Role Storming: How to construct creative resolutions? December 19, 2013
7. Reach Agreement: What to do when stuck in the Groan Zone? January 9, 2014
8. Diagnosis: Why consider the ‘why’ of conflict? January 23, 2014
9. Application & Review: How to handle difficult behaviors? February 6, 2014
The cost for the series is $50, which includes access to all nine sessions, handouts, an online ‘conflict modes’ inventory, and a personalized, 11-page color report.