Caring for Children the Nurturing Way
Date: July 7, 2013 - August 12, 2013
Time: 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: St. Andrew Episcopal Church, 525 Weiss St, Gaylord, MI 49735 - on the corner of East Main Street (M-32) and Hayes Road
Contact: Carolyn Penniman 989-731-0269 firstname.lastname@example.org
A five-week series for parents, grandparents, foster parents, child care providers or anyone who cares for or about children ages 0-18. Interactive sessions include lessons, activities, and discussion to promote positive parenting skills. Registration can be for individual sessions or for the complete series of five sessions. Those attending all five will receive a certificate.
Facilitator: Carolyn Penniman, MSU Extension Educator
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED, please register by Friday, July 5, 2013.
- July 8 Philosophy of Nurturing and Dealing with Stress
- July 15 Infant/Toddler Development and Enhancing Brain Development
- July 29 Communicating with Respect and Understanding Feelings
- August 5 Building Self-Worth and Encouraging Children
- August 12 Establishing Rules and Using Positive Discipline (no class on July 22)
Cost: $20 for all 5 sessions if paid at first class, or $5 per individual session To register, contact: Carolyn Penniman, 989-731-0269, email@example.com.