Blueberry Pre-harvest Meeting in Van Buren County
Date: June 15, 2015
Time: 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Location: Beeches Golf Club, 9601 68th Street, South Haven, MI 49090
Contact: Mark Longstroth, (269) 873-8983, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blueberry harvest is less than a month away and some growers are facing challenges from winter injury in some fields and diseases associated with these injuries. Most growers also need to review their controls for Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD) and fruit diseases before harvest begins and increase their understanding of food safety. These meetings will focus on dealing with winter injury and insect and disease control before and during harvest and include an update on food safety.
- Welcome and Introductions Mark Longstroth & Carlos Garcia, MSU Extension
- Winter injury management including irrigation and nutrient management Mark Longstroth, MSU Extension & Eric Hanson, MSU Horticulture
- Blueberry Disease Control in pre-harvest Annemiek Schilder, MSU Plant Pathology
- Preparing for SWD management in 2015 Rufus Isaacs, MSU Entomology
- Food Safety Update. Carlos Garcia, MSU Extension
Growers attending these meeting will receive 2 Restricted Use Pesticide credits. Meetings are free of charge but we ask you register with the meeting hosts to estimate number of handouts and refreshments. Those with special needs may request assistance by calling the meeting hosts.