Berrien County 4-H Officer Training
Date: February 17, 2018 - February 22, 2018
Time: See Description
Location: Berrien County MSU Extension Office, 1737 Hillandale Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Contact: Kelly Stelter, 269-927-5674 ext. 4015, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emphasis will be on the Treasurer’s role and importance of funds management for all Officers.
This workshop will help participants understand the roles of 4-H Officers and benefits of developing useful skills for their future, including - decision-makings, communication, responsibility, leadership, attention to detail and record keeping.
The treasurer’s role will be emphasized along with the importance of working together as a team. Treasurer responsibilities have become increasingly important. Because 4-H is a public group, a 4-H Treasurer’s task are quite different from those of a private company’s treasurer or an individual. A 4-H group treasurer is responsible to other officers, members, adult volunteers, Michigan State University and to the public.
By attending the workshop, participants will learn about:
- The Roles of officers
- Running a meeting; complete with practice!
- Connecting the role of treasurer with other officers, adult 4-H leaders and MSU Extension staff members.
- Money handling expectations including the use of receipts, timely deposits, and timely bill payments.
- The importance of budgeting.
- Appropriate use of funds and fund-raising do’s and don’ts.
- Check-writing and reconciling accounts.
- Tips for creating treasurer reports and annual financial statements.
When: Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. - Noon
Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 at 6 - 8:30 p.m.
Where: Berrien County MSU Extension Office - 1737 Hillandale Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Who Should Attend:
- Young People who are serving as a 4-H Treasurer
- Young people who want to be a 4-H Treasurer in the future
- 4-H Volunteers working with youth that are 4-H Treasurers.
Registration can be made via online or by calling the Berrien County MSU Extension Office at 269-927-5674. Deadline to register for Officer Training is Feb. 12, 2018 at MIDNIGHT.
This training is provided with generous funding from Chemical Bank to the Michigan 4-H Foundation, Inc.