Benefits, Challenges, and Solutions for Pature-based Dairy Management
Date: August 9, 2012
Time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Michigan State University W.K. Kellogg Biological Station, 3700 E. Gull Lake Dr., Hickory Corners, MI 49060
Contact: Mat Haan 269-671-2360, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A keynote presentation by Laura Paine, Grazing and Organic Agriculture Specialist,
WI Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection (Why Graze?).
- Research presentation by Diana Stuart, Michigan State University & Becky Schewe,
Mississippi State University (Benefits, Challenges, and Solutions for Pasture-based
- Focus group discussions on issues important to pasture-based dairy farmers.
- Panel discussion with experts in the management of pasture-based dairy systems.
- There will also be plenty of time for networking with other workshop attendees.
- A tour of the KBS Dairy facilities will follow the workshop.
Dairy farmers and other livestock farmers, Extension Educators, policy makers, and others with an interest in the development of sustainable dairy grazing systems and marketing strategies for Michigan pasture-based dairy farms are encouraged to attend.
Registration: This is a free event but registration is requested so that we can plan for lunch and snacks. To register contact Mat Haan 269-671-2360,
email@example.com or register online at www.kbs.msu.edu/research/pasture-dairy/dairy-events.
Click here for a map.
If you have questions contact Becky Schewe 269-671-2237, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mat Haan 269-671-2360, email@example.com.