Basics of Building Healthy Families through Parenting and Nutrition Classes
Date: February 24, 2014 - April 7, 2014
Time: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Location: MSUE Kent County, 775 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids MI 49503
Contact: Holly Tiret, 616-336-8998, email@example.com
Research shows that babies who receive affection and nurture from their parents and caregivers have the best opportunities at healthy development. Designed by Stephen Bavolek, Community Based Parent Nurturing is for parents, grandparents, childcare providers and others who care for children. Participants will learn what nurturing is and how to be a nurturing parent, enhance positive relationships with children, how to discipline without spanking, methods to handle stress and anger, child growth and development, understanding the brain development in children and teens and how to help build youths self-esteem along with nutrition information to help children have a complete healthy lifestyle. Participants will also learn about healthy eating, making quick and healthy meals on a budget, tips for losing weight and keeping it off, and the importance of physical activity to overall health.
Register by calling or emailing: Holly Tiret, 616-336-8998, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2-24-14: Healthy Foods that taste great, how to be a nurturing family, dealing with stress
- 3-3-14: Quick healthy meals and snacks, infant & toddler development, brain development
- 3-10-14: Eating healthy on a budget, communicating with respect, understanding feelings
- 3-17-14: Tips for losing weight and keeping it off
- 3-24-14: Making healthy eating part of your total life style
- 3-31-14: Physical activity is key to living well, building self-worth, praising children
- 4-7-14: Family rules, positive discipline