Affordable Care Act Workshop
Date: November 6, 2014
Time: 1 - 4 p.m.
Location: Tollgate Conference Center, 28115 Meadowbrook Road, Novi, MI, 48377
Contact: Kristin Getter, email@example.com
This 3-hour workshop is geared towards agricultural professionals and requires pre-registration. The cost of the workshop is $10. To register, visit: To register, please go to: events.anr.msu.edu/ACATollgate/. The Affordable Care Act is far-reaching legislation that covers every business, industry and individual. There are no “loop-holes” that provide any type of exemption. There are many layers to the Affordable Care Act, this will be a broad overview of the basics within the three hour presentation. This presentation will provide the necessary information to help participants determine whether they are classified as a “Large” or “Small” Employer and determine what they need to do to be in compliance with the ACA.
1. Welcome & Introductions
2. General Rules of the ACA
3. Rules of Employer Shared Responsibility (ESR)
4. Mandate Rules for Counting Employees under (ESR)
5. Rules for Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
6. Rules for Health Insurance Market Place (Exchange) and Shop for Employers
7. Rules of Individual Shared Responsibility
8. Mandate Employer Requirements for 2013 to 2015
9. Closing Thoughts