Affordable Care Act & Tart Cherry Crop Insurance Updates
Date: October 29, 2013
Time: 6 - 9 p.m.
Location: Mason County Central High School Cafeteria, 210 W. Broadway Ave, Scottville, MI 49454
Contact: Oceana County Extension, 231-873-2129; Mason County Extension, 231-757-4789
Dr. Adam J. Kantrovich, MSU Extension Farm Management Educator, will discuss the Affordable Care Act.
- General Rules, Rules of Employer Shared Responsibility (ESR) Mandate
- Rules for counting employees under (ESR)
- Employer Alternatives
- Rules for Small Business Health Care Tax Credit
- Rules for Health Insurance Market Place (Exchange) and Shop for Employers and Individuals
- Rules for Individual Shared Responsibility Mandate
- Employer Requirements for 2013 to 2015.
Tart Cherry Growers will hear Chris Shellenbarger, Crop Insurance Agent for Spartan Insurance or Dr. Roy Black, Michigan State University Extension Specialist discuss the new tart cherry federal crop insurance policy. This coverage is an actual revenue policy that provides protection against losses from low yields, low prices, low quality, or combinations of them. Sweet cherry growers in some areas of Michigan have had similar coverage available for several years. This insurance is the result of a devastating series of freezes in 2013 that destroyed an estimated 90 percent of Michigan’s cherry crop.
Registration fee is $10 per participant. Pre-registration is encouraged to ensure there are enough handouts. To register, please contact Oceana County Extension (231-873-2129) or Mason County Extenson (231-757-4789).