Accumulated Junk (Community Cleanup)
Date: October 15, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Location: Manistee City Hall, 70 Maple Street, Manistee, Michigan
Contact: Michigan State University Extension Senior Educator Kurt H. Schindler, AICP: schindL9@anr.msu.edu or (231) 882-0026
Accumulated Junk, Community Cleanup is a training program for local government officials which to learn one program for initiating a system to deal with junk found on property.
The program will focus on:
- Junk in the landscape, one of the top problems in many citizen opinion surveys
- What problems and concerns exist with accumulated junk
- What is junk
- Gaining community support, starting a clean-up program
- Junk yard provisions in zoning
- Junk ordinance concerning junk in one’s yard
- Civil infraction enforcement system
This program will be conducted by Michigan State University Extension Senior Educator Kurt H. Schindler, AICP. It will be 6-9pm Wednesday October 15, 2014, in the Manistee City Hall, 70 Maple Street, Manistee, Michigan.
Early registration for this event is $55, for Master Citizen Planners it is $50. After midnight on October 6, 2014 registration is $75 for all.
3.0 Master Citizen Planner Credits are available for taking this class. Click here to register: http://events.anr.msu.edu/AccJunkMte20141015/