Michigan 4-H Creative Arts Celebration!
Date: November 18, 2017 - November 19, 2017
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4 H Dr, Tustin, MI 49688
Contact: Jan Brinn, 269-673-0370, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tracy D’Augustino, 989-724-6478, email@example.com
Arrival/Check-in: Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, 9-10 a.m.
Adjourn: Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, following lunch around 1 p.m.
$75.00 - Registered 4-H members and volunteers and MSU Extension staff who bring youth and/or volunteers
$135.00 - Non-registered 4-H members and volunteers and MSU Extension staff who do not bring youth and/or volunteers
Persons canceling without a replacement on or after Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, will be charged a $45.00 cancellation fee. Persons who do not show up at the workshop, do not have a replacement, or do not cancel to Jan Brinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracy D’Augustino at email@example.com on or after Nov. 3, 2017 will be billed the full registration fee.
Nov. 3, 2017
The conference is open to teens, 4-H members and non-members aged 12 (by Jan. 1, 2018) and older. The conference is also open to 4-H staff, adult 4-H volunteers and adults who work with youth in a variety of educational settings. The 2017 conference is for individuals who are willing to re-teach the skills they learn and knowledge they gain in their communities.
The 2017 4-H Visual Arts, Crafts, Clothing and Textiles Workshop objectives are for participants to:
- Get energized with lots of new ideas for working with youth in visual arts, crafts, clothing and textile projects.
- Learn how youth can develop life skills by participating in the arts.
- Support and encourage creativity in 4-H projects.
- Discover how leadership, citizenship, entrepreneurship, career development, and science skill development can be a part of your projects.
- Meet and share ideas with 4-H teen and adult volunteers from around the state
- Develop a county plan of action for using the new knowledge and skills back home.
To register use the link below. Note that all youth must have a Michigan 4-H Youth Authorization and Acknowledgement Form on file in 4HOnline or in their local county office. The Michigan 4-H Volunteer Authorization and Acknowledgement Form is highly encouraged for adults attending this event.