4-H Visual Arts, Crafts, Sewing and Textiles Workshop
Date: October 18, 2014 - October 19, 2014
Location: Kettenen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI, 49688
Contact: Nancy Victorson, firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The conference is open to teens, 4-H members and non-members aged 12 (by Jan. 1, 2015) and older. The conference is also open to 4-H staff, adult 4-H volunteers and adults who work with youth in a variety of educational settings. The 2014 conference is for individuals who are willing to re-teach the skills they learn and knowledge they gain in their communities.
The 2014 4-H Visual Arts, Crafts, Sewing and Textiles Workshop objectives are for participants to:
1. Get energized with lots of new ideas for working with youth in visual arts, crafts, sewing and textile projects.
2. Learn how youth can develop life skills by participating in the arts.
3. Support and encourage creativity in 4-H projects.
4. Discover how leadership, citizenship, entrepreneurship, career development, and science skill development can be a part of your projects.
5. Meet and share ideas with 4-H teen and adult volunteers from around the state
6. Develop a county plan of action for using the new knowledge and skills back home.
Support for this workshop is provided by donors to the Michigan 4-H Foundation.