4-H Spring Achievement - Berrien County
Date: May 18, 2018 - May 19, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Location: Berrien County Youth Fairgrounds - Horticulture & Wonders of Birth Barns - Berrien Springs, MI
Contact: Kelly Stelter, 269-927-5674 ext. 4015, firstname.lastname@example.org
Objectives of Spring Achievement:
- Bring the HEAD-HEART-HANDS & HEALTH of 4-H to life!
- Provide opportunity for 4-H members to demonstrate project-learned skills while building their portfolio.
- Provide 4-H members an opportunity to publicly display their accomplishments.
- Provide 4-H members a supportive evaluation for each of their projects.
- Provide the community an opportunity to see the quality and quantity of work being done by 4-H’ers.
- Provide 4-H members, leaders, and parents an opportunity to meet other 4-H families.
- Must be a active, Berrien County 4-H member.
- Project was completed after Seasonal Expo of 2017.
- Project was completed with minimal adult assistance.
- Project was completed with a 4-H leader; leader doesn’t have to be a project leader of that category, they must be a certified leader through Michigan 4-H.
- All Berrien County 4-H county-wide projects are elgible to be shown as long as they have been created after Seasonal Expo of 2017.
Open to 4-H youth ages 5 - 19 years of age.
Cloverbuds: ages 5 - 8 years Junior: 9 - 14 years Senior: 15 - 19 years
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- 4:00 - 8:00 PM Set Up at the Berrien County Youth Fairgrounds
- TBD - Early Evaluations
Friday, May 18, 2018
- 4:00 - 8:00 PM 4-H Information Booth Open
- 4:00 - 8:00 PM Project Evaluation Begins
- 4:00 - 8:00 PM Demonstration Exhibit Set-Up
Saturday, May 19, 2018
- 10:00 - 6:00 PM Spring Achievement Headquarters Open
- 10:00 - 6:00 PM Activities and Demonstration Exhibits Open
- 10:00 - 4:00 PM 4-H Live Animal Exhibits Open
- Noon - 3:00 PM 4-H Dog Project Evaluation Demo
- Noon - 4:00 PM 4-H Service Project. Help us make a difference!
- Noon - 2 PM Leathercraft Demonstration
- 3:30 - 5:00 PM 4-H Talent Show
- 5:00 - 6:00 PM 4-H Style Review
- 6:00 PM Projects, Demonstrations, Exhibits Released