4-H Capitol Experience
Date: March 19, 2017 - March 22, 2017
Time: See description.
Location: Okemos and Downtown Lansing
Contact: Makena Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-432-7603
March 19-22, 2017
The program will be held in Okemos and Downtown Lansing
4-H Capitol Experience is an annual 4-day conference that focuses on civic engagement and public policy. Up to 100 teens from around the state converge on Lansing, Michigan to experience state government in action and learn how they can influence policy issues. Participants interact with legislators, state agency staff, lobbyists and other resource people to learn how policy is made.
• Understand the responsibilities of a citizen
• Explore different aspects of a policy issue that may affect individuals and communities
• Explore various careers in public policy
• Attend a bill writing session
• Have an in-depth meeting with someone in (or involved with) state government simulations and activities are incorporated to reinforce and apply what is learned about government.
Teens leave the conference with the charge to share what they have learned and get involved with other leadership and civic engagement activities in their communities!
The program cost is $350 for 4-H and Farm Bureau members and $360 for non-members.
All payments must be made in full by Feb. 10, 2017. If full payment is not received by this time, your registration will be cancelled and your spot offered to a registrant on the waitlist.
Voluntary cancellations received between Feb. 3, 2017 and Feb. 24, 2017 will incur a $30 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after Feb. 24 are non-refundable.