4-H Capitol Experience
Date: March 16, 2014 - March 19, 2014
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Contact: Jackelyn Martin, Extension Educator, at PO Box 8645, Ann Arbor, MI 48107, email@example.com or 734-222-3877
4-H Capitol Experience is an annual 4-day conference that focuses on civic engagement and public policy. Up to 100 teens from around the state converge on Lansing, Michigan to experience state government in action and learn how they can influence policy issues. Participants interact with legislators, state agency staff, lobbyists and other resource people to learn how policy is made.
• Understand the responsibilities of a citizen
• Explore different aspects of a policy issue that may affect individuals and communities
• Explore various careers in public policy
• Attend a bill writing session
• Have an in-depth meeting with someone in (or involved with) state government simulations and activities are incorporated to reinforce and apply what is learned about government.
Teens leave the conference with the charge to share what they have learned and get involved with other leadership and civic engagement activities in their communities!
Cancellations received between Feb. 7, 2014 and March 3, 2014 will incur a $30 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after March 3 are non-refundable.
Visit the 4-H Capitol Experience registration page for more information.