4-H Volunteer Training - Module A in Detroit
Date: October 14, 2013
Time: 6 - 9 p.m.
Location: Ludington Magnet Middle School: 19501 Berg Road, Detroit, MI 48219
This four-module workshop series provides essential information that every volunteer needs to know. It will help you successfully work with young people using the 4-H method and philosophy of Positive Youth Development. You'll build skills in conducting 4-H Club meetings and facilitating positive learning experiences. The workshop is a great introduction to 4-H Youth Development Programs, the organization and structure, and how clubs are organized, planned and conducted. You'll learn strategies to recruit youth participants and other adult volunteers, build leadership skills, and discover the range of exciting activities, programs and special projects that are part of 4-H. It's a unique, interactive workshop that will help you do a great job as a 4-H volunteer, so sign up today!
To earn your 4-H Volunteer Certificate, you'll need to complete each of these sessions:
- Module A - Positive Youth Development, Part 1
- Module B - Positive Youth Development, Part 2
- Module D - Experiential Learning Practice (must complete Modules A & B, first) and
- Module C - Essentials for Organizing a 4-H Club or Program OR
- Module M - Essentials for Being an Effective 4-H Mentor
For more information, visit http://4hvolunteertraining.eventbrite.com/