4-H Teen Leadership & Community Change Conference
Date: March 28, 2014 - March 30, 2014
Location: Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Contact: Brian Wibby, 906-475-5731, email@example.com
The conference is open to teens, 4-H members and non-members, ages 12 (by January 1, 2014) and older. The conference is also open to adult 4-H volunteers and MSU Extension youth educators and adults who work with youth in a variety of educational settings. This 2014 conference is for individuals who want to make a difference in their community and are willing to put into action the skills they learn and knowledge they gain.
The 2014 4-H Teen Leadership & Community Change Conference objectives are for participants to:
- Develop skills, knowledge and commitment in citizenship, leadership and service.
- Give youth and adults the tools to start a citizenship, leadership and service program in their community or build on and enhance existing programs and activities.
- Discover ways to be an effective club member, leader and officer.
- Discover how to be a “Youth Leader in a Global World.”
- Meet and share ideas with 4-H teen and adult volunteers from around the state.
- Develop a county plan of action for using your new knowledge and skills back home.
- Build appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism.
- Have fun!
Cost: The fee for 4-H members and 4-H volunteers to attend this 2-day workshop is $62.00. MSU Extension staff with 4-H responsibilities that bring a volunteer leader or member to the workshop will also be charged the reduced volunteer rate of $62.00. MSU Extension staff who attend without a volunteer or member, non-4-H members and personnel from other agencies pay $105.25. All fees must be paid at the time of registration either online in the registration system or at your county extension office. Persons canceling without a replacement by Wednesday, March 19, 2014, will be charged a $15.00 resource fee. Persons who do not show up at the workshop, do not have a replacement, or do not cancel through the State 4-H Office within 48 hours (Jan. 23, 2014) prior to the start of workshop will be billed a $62.00 no-show fee.
The conference will be Saturday starting 11 a.m., Sunday starting at 1:30 p.m.
You can get more information and register on the online registration page.