4-H Night with the Michigan Warriors
Date: October 9, 2014
Time: 6 - 9:30 p.m.
Location: Perani Arena and Event Center, 3501 Lapeer Rd, Flint Township, MI 48503
Contact: Jen Skornicka, 810-244-8533
This fantastic event is hosted by Genesee County 4-H, Perani Arena and Event Center, and Michigan Warriors NAHL Hockey on a Free Kid's Friday home game! Activities begin at 6 p.m. when the doors open and continue throughout the game. The first puck drops at 7 p.m. There will be game-break contests between periods plus giveaways!
Visit activity stations presented by 4-H and other MSU Extension staff members, as well as some of our community partners:
- Take a spin on the 4-H Life Skills Wheel!
- Try to break-even at the 4-H Commodity Carnival while learning about profits and losses.
- How does your garden grow? Just ask our expert Master Gardeners.
- See the beauty in bugs--really!--as part of a 4-H science curriculum that supports school STEAM initiatives.
- Turn that city space into a green (and yummy) space! Edible Flint will tell you how.
- Eat healthy and stay healthy--it's one of the 4 "H"s! Ask an Extension Nutrition expert for some great tips!
- Learn to salsa dance with Culturas Del Sol! Que Rico La Cultura! Don't be shy!
- Are you a Superhero? Start telling your story with the mutant-friendly folks from Flint Comix.
- How can an adult help a young person answer Life's Little Questions? Find out from our very own 4-H Volunteer Specialist.
- There are also some special appearances pending... All this is offered and more--and don’t forget to watch the hockey game!!!
Did we mention the giveaways and that kids get in free? There is special event pricing in place for this game: with each paid adult at the regular ticket price of $8 (just $7 for seniors age 55 & up!), 2 youths ages 12 & under get in free!!! There is a group rate of $5 per ticket if block seating is needed for 4-H clubs, school groups, etc.
Due to the awesome nature of these deals, they may not be used in conjunction with one another--special event pricing is excluded from the group rate and vice versa. Tickets go on sale mid-September. Please contact Perani Arena and Event Center directly to reserve seating: 810-744-0580.
***All 4-H clubs please plan on representing your club by wearing your club swag!***
For any other questions regarding this event, please contact Jen Skornicka from Genesee County 4-H at 810-244-8533. We look forward to seeing you there!
- 4-H Night with the Michigan Warriors - large flyer
- 4-H Night with the Michigan Warriors - small flyer