4-H Archery Tournament
Date: May 8, 2015
Time: 9 a.m.
Location: Clare Rod & Gun Club, 10488 S Eberhart Rd, Clare, MI 48617
Contact: Michelle Stiglich, 989-539-7805, email@example.com; David Kinberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join us for the 13th Annual Clare County 4-H Archery Tournament sponsored by the Bow Masters 4-H Club! There will be an Awards ceremony immediately following the tournament.
Description of Archery Events
- 3-D: Participants will shoot at 15 simulated animal targets over a variable distant field range. They will be given 1 shot per target. Scoring will be 10, 8, and 5 on main body parts. No scores will be given on leg shots.
- Target: Participants will shoot at a fixed distance depending on class. Cloverbuds will shoot 10 yards other divisions will shoot at 20 yards. Shooting format will use FITA 10 point targets with 6 arrows and 5 rounds of scoring. There will be allowed two rounds of Target practice prior to scoring.
- Team Events: There will be 4 shooters per team, with five shots of 3-D or 2 rounds of Target per team member.
- Cloverbud Ages 7-8 any type of equipment
- Beginner Ages 9-11
- Junior Ages 12-14
- Senior Ages 15-19
- Unsighted - Unsighted with fingers
- Sighted - Sighted with fingers
- Open - Sighted Compounds with releases
Target - Unsighted / Sighted Target - Open 3-D - Unsighted / Sighted 3-D - Open
Food available on grounds:
- Hot Dog: $1
- Polish Dog $1.50
- Chili and Cheese extra $.50
- Nachos $2
- Pop $1
- Root Beer Floats $1.50
- Coffee $.50
Rules and Regulations
- Registration Fee: $10 day of event.
- Permission slip and medical release form required.
- No Equipment is provided.
- Participants should have 6 arrows and arm guard. Arrows are to remain in quivers until time of shooting.
- No laser, scope sights, leveling devices permitted.
- No overdraws permitted.
- Bow poundage limited to 65# or less.
- Medals will be given to 3 places for Beginner, Junior and Senior classes. Certificates will be given for the team events. Achievement Awards will be given to Cloverbuds. Any classes fewer than 3 participants will be awarded certificates.
- In the event of a tie, high score of selected targets in 3-D and selected rounds in field will be evaluated. Target selection will be the discretion of the tournament director.
- Decisions of scores from range commander and scorekeeper/coach are final.
- No practice allowed on grounds during tournament day.
- Poor conduct, sportsmanship or improper language on part of the shooter while participating in the Tournament are grounds for immediate disqualification.