4-H Advisory Group Retreat
Date: April 24, 2015 - April 26, 2015
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Quality Inn and Suites, 2603 N. Lincoln Road, Escanaba, MI, US, 49829
Contact: Nancy Victorson, email@example.com, 906-293-3203
Open to 4-H Youth (12 & up) and Adult Volunteers currently serving on or interest in serving on 4-H councils, boards, and committees.
Registration- $20 covers meals and program, contact your local (U.P.) MSU Extension office to register. Deadline to register through your local MSU Extension Office is April 15th Lodging at Quality Inn - $75 per room, $10 extra per person. The UP 4-H Advisory Group Retreat is sponsored by the Michigan 4-H Foundation through a grant provided by the Westrate Family Endowment of Michigan.
Saturday, April 25
- 11 a.m.-noon: Registration
- Noon: Lunch
- 12:30 p.m.: Welcome, Introductions, Icebreaker
- 1-3 p.m.: Opening Session: Defining 4-H Advisory Groups with Group Huddle time and Discussion
- 3-6 p.m.: Full Group Session: Youth-Adult Partnerships in 4-H Advisory Groups & Team Building
- 6-7 p.m.: Dinner, Free time
- 7-8 p.m.: Breakout Sessions A. Communication and Conflict Strategies B. Spice up Your Meetings
- 8 p.m.: Free Time, enjoy the pool
Sunday, April 26
- Free Continental Breakfast for those staying at the Quality Inn
- 8:30-9:30 a.m.: Breakout Sessions C. Facilitation Skills D. Orientation and Training for Advisory Groups
- 9:30-Noon: Full Group Session Continued
- Noon-1 p.m.: Lunch and Evaluation