2018 Fall Bulb Event - Oakland
Date: October 27, 2018
Time: 10 - 11 a.m.
Location: Tollgate Conference Center, 28115 Meadowbrook Rd, Novi, MI 48377
Contact: Lori Imboden, firstname.lastname@example.org; Becky Irey, email@example.com.
Greetings Garden Enthusiasts!
With the arrival of autumn, the MSU Extension Oakland County Horticulture Team is eager to announce its first annual Fall Bulb Event. This event will be held on Saturday, October 27th, at Tollgate Farm in Novi. Please join us for this program, which combines a free educational session with a bulb event to benefit new community outreach efforts and the Extension Master Gardener program.
Extend your Garden Season with Colorful Bulbs!
Learn how to enjoy the rich color of flowering bulbs from spring through autumn, while inviting pollinators to your garden. Early season bulbs such as Crocus and Allium provide amazing color while enhancing floral resources for native bees and pollinators. Spring comes to life with daffodils and colorful tulips, yet the beauty from bulbs does not end there. Come explore a rich pallet of interesting blooms and seasonal color that may surprise you!
You may simply register to attend the free class,
or attend class and take delivery on your pre-ordered bulbs.
Everyone is welcome! Bring a friend!
Certified Extension Master Gardeners may count one hour of continuing education for class (Env. Stewardship: IPM - Pollinators).
The 2018 bulb event features a variety of choices with an emphasis on supporting pollinators. Many of you have observed the strong connection between Allium cultivars and native pollinators. Because their genetic diversity covers a long bloom season, Allium species offer nectar and pollen resources to dozens of types of bees. Other great pollinator plants include Crocus and native cultivars of Erythronium (trout lily) and Camassia (quamash). Of course the event will also feature colorful blends of tulips, deer-resistant hyacinths and daffodils, and minor bulbs. We hope you like the choices made for this year!
Plan to pick up your bulb orders Tollgate from 9 a.m. until noon on Saturday, October 27th, at the barn facility adjacent to the conference center.
Bulbs not picked up on the 27th will be available at the MSU Extension Oakland County offices in Pontiac through Wednesday, October 31st. Bulbs not picked up by October 31st will be planted.
Class registration and Bulb Order Payments:
- Online registrations and orders must be completed by Oct. 24th or earlier.
- Your class seat and purchases are not reserved until full payment is received and processed by MSU.
- Your registration/order will be canceled if payment in full is not received within 5 business days of your registration or by Oct. 24th, whichever is sooner.
- Check Postmark Date: Oct. 15, 2018
- Credit Card Due Date: Oct. 24, 2018
- You have the option of canceling your registration and order at any time. Refunds will be issued per the Refund Policy.
- A full refund, less a $10 processing fee, will be issued for any order cancelled prior to October 20th.
- No refund will be issued for any order cancelled on or after October 20th.