2017 Allegan County 4-H Five- Day Horse Clinic
Date: June 23, 2017 - June 28, 2017
Time: 8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Location: Allegan County Fairgrounds, 150 Douglas St, Allegan, MI 49010
Contact: Dian Liepe, 269-673-0370 ext. 2557, email@example.com; Mandi Nelson, 616-446-6722, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic Hours: 8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. daily
- Registration is May 1, 2017 thru May 31, 2017. Registrations accepted after May 31 will be charged a $10 late fee. Registration closes June 18, 2017.
- Clinic is limited to 100 youth participants
- SEI/ASTM approved helmets are required for all classes in the arena and while in the round pen.
- The following youth participants will need to be evaluated PRIOR to clinic:
- First-time clinic participants
- Those wanting to move up a level
- Those that have had a change of horse
- First-time Driving participants.
Evaluation information is available on the website.
- Class sizes are limited and will fill on a first come first serve basis. Classes will close when they are filled.
- Youth may register for up to three riding classes in sessions 1-6 and showmanship in session 3, and one evening class.
- Clinic updates will be posted on the Facebook page: Allegan County 5 Day Clinic
- Class fee for Sessions 1-6: $60.00 per class (Discount: 3 classes for $150)
- Class fee for Showmanship in session 3 is $30 for the 45 minute session
- Class fee for Session 7: $50 per class (Friday-Monday)
- Class fee for Evening Session: $50 per class
- Cloverbud fees:
- 5-6 yrs. as of Jan. 1, 2017, leadline - $20
- 7-8 yrs. as of Jan. 1, 2017, walk/trot: $40.00
Payment must be made IN FULL at time of registration including camping – NO DEPOSITS!! Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, or check. Checks are payable to MSU and sent to MSU ANR Event Services; Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture; 446 W Circle Drive, Room 11; East Lansing MI 48823.
Reimbursements will be considered by the 5-Day Committee on a case by case basis for extenuating circumstances.
- Please call Kim Marcus at 616-886-4531 if you need to register with hard copies by mail
- Non-Cloverbud participants must be 9 years old by Jan. 1, 2017; or older and should be able to, at a minimum, control their horse/pony at a walk and trot.
- Registrations for Allegan County 4-H Youth and Out-of-County youth will be processed on a first come first served basis.