2016 Smart Gardening - Pollinators Conference
Date: August 13, 2016
Time: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Kent/MSU Extension 775 Ball Avenue, NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Contact: Ginny Wanty, 616-632-7873, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $65.00 per participant
(Includes: lunch, refreshments and handouts)
Although some insects might be considered pests, an even greater number are essential to our food supply and the environment. Learn how you can identify, create habitat for and nurture the world’s largest workforce—-Pollinators and Beneficial insects.
- An introduction to the wide range of bee species that inhabit gardens—recognizing bees, wasps and other pollinators
- Common predators and parasitoids in the yard and garden
- Bee ecology and habitat
- Increasing floral resources for pollinators with the right selection of plants
- The buzz on bees-bee decline; Fact vs. Fiction
- Outdoor lab—hands-on field experience
- 6 hours Approved Pesticide Credits: Comm & Private Core, 3A, 3B, 6
Rebecca Finneran, MSU Extension Educator
Dr. Rufus Isaacs, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University
Dr. Jason Gibbs, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University
Dr. Dave Smitley, Department of Entomology, Michigan State University
Class is limited to 62 participants and your seat is not reserved until your balance is paid in full.
REGISTRATION deadline is Aug. 1, 2016 or when class is full. Sorry, no registrations at the door.
Payment by Credit Card: (Recommended), via this secure MSU payment site to expedite your seat reservation. To ensure your transaction is processed, please enter your personal information exactly as shown on the credit card and do not include dashes in the credit card number. You will receive confirmation upon completion of your transaction.
Payment by Check: Check payments must be postmarked by July 29, 2016, to allow 10 business days for check processing. Your seat is not reserved until your balance is paid in full.
Mail your payment to:
- A full refund, less a $25 processing fee, will be issued for any registration cancelled prior to 14 business days before the event date.
- No refund will be issued for any registration cancelled within 14 days of the event. Substitutions allowed.
- No refund will be issued for any registration cancelled after the event has started.