2016 Great Lakes Areas of Concern Conference
Date: March 2, 2016 - March 3, 2016
Location: University of Michigan-Dearborn, Dearborn, Michigan
Contact: John Perrecone, firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 353-1149
The Annual Meeting of the Great Lakes Areas of Concern community provides the opportunity to discuss the work done in the program and to connect with a wide variety of partners to continue making progress.
The cost to attend the conference is $75.
Registration deadline: Friday, Feb. 26, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Register online.
- Provide a forum for AOC participants to
- share ideas
- review program status
- showcase successes
- discuss common challenges
Review recent developments affecting the AOC program including
- the revised Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement and
- the FY2015-19 Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Action Plan
- Review and discuss AOC program and project funding mechanisms including process and timing
- Strengthen linkages among federal, tribal, state and local AOC participants
Who should attend
- Representatives of local Public Advisory Councils
- State agency AOC staff members
- Tribal agency AOC representatives
- Federal agency staff involved in implementing the AOC program
- Other AOC stakeholders (e.g., consultants, academics) who have an interest in the AOC Program