2015 Beef Bull Breeding Soundness Exam - Marne
Date: March 27, 2015
Time: 9 a.m.
Location: 2831 Hayes St, Marne MI
Contact: Kevin Gould, 616-527-5357 or Gary Voogt, 616-677-3680
Last year, this program tested over 300 bulls for 110 different operations. By identifying these potential male fertility problems, producers were able to reduce the risk of a less than optimum breeding season. The MSU Extension Beef Team encourages you to have breeding soundness exams conducted on your breeding bulls every year. Contact your veterinarian or take advantage of the following Breeding Soundness Exam Clinics organized by MSU Extension.
Cost is $55 per bull when done at one of the MSU Extension clinics. To schedule an appointment at one of these breeding soundness exam clinics, please call the appropriate contact person as soon as possible. All Clinics start at 9 a.m. In addition, the MSU College of Veterinary Medicine regularly schedules in-house appointments for breeding soundness exams. To schedule an appointment contact the MSU CVM Large Animal Clinic at 517-353-9710.
Clinic locations include:
- Gary Voogt Farm, 2831 Hayes St, Marne, MI on Friday, March 27, 2015 - Contact: Kevin Gould, 616-527-5357 or Gary Voogt, 616-677-3680
- Matt Miller Farm, 2685 E. Bellvue Rd, Charlotte, MI on Saturday, March 28, 2015 - Contact: Beedle Lake Veterinary Clinic, 269-441-9233
- Kevin Wernette, 9144 50th Ave., Remus, MI on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - Contact: Kevin Gould, 616-527-5357 or Dr. Kevin Todd, 231-832-3680
- Breault Beef Farm, 868 Hoffman Road, Gladwin, MI on Thursday April 16, 2015 - Contact: Kable Thurlow, 989-802-3384
- MSU Lake City Research Center, 5401 W. Jennings Road, Lake City, MI on Friday, April 17, 2015 - Contact: Kable Thurlow, 989-802-3384 or Doug Carmichael, 231-839-4608
- Chuck Preston Farm, 4780 County Line Road, Prescott, MI on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - Contact: Phil Durst, 989-387-5346 or Chuck Preston, 989-873-4164
- Upper Peninsula of Michigan from May 4-8, 2015 - Contact: Frank Wardynski, 906-884-4386