2014 SMaRT (Soybean Management and Research Technology) Meetings
Date: January 29, 2014
Time: 8:45 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Cabela’s, 110 Cabela Blvd., Dundee, MI 48131
Contact: Mike Staton, 269-673-0370, ext. 27, email@example.com
The results of the 2013 SMaRT on-farm research projects and other related soybean research will be presented. Participants will also learn about the future direction of Michigan Soybean Checkoff–funded research. Ample time has been provided for questions, comments and discussion. For more information, contact Mike Staton (above) or take a look at the SMaRT Meeting Flyer for 2014.
- 8:45 a.m. Registration and coffee
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome and SMaRT Project Introduction — Dr. Tim Boring, Research Director, Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee
- 9:15 a.m. 2013 SMaRT On-farm Research Trial Results (foliar growth promoters and plant protection products, soil fertility and plant nutrition) — Mike Staton, MSUE Soybean Educator
- 10:05 a.m. Break
- 10:15 a.m. 2013 SMaRT On-farm Research Trial Results (tillage, planting systems and seed
- treatments) — Mike Staton
- 10:45 a.m. Top 10 Factors Affecting Yields in Eight Years of the Michigan Soybean Yield Contest — Ned Birkey, Spartan Agricultural Consulting
- 11:00 a.m. Future Direction of MSPC-Funded Research and Open Discussion — Dr. Tim Boring and Mike Staton
- 12:00 noon Complimentary Lunch (courtesy of Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee)