2014 SMaRT (Soybean Management and Research Technology) Meetings
Date: January 28, 2014
Time: 8:45 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: The Dowagiac Conservation Club, 54551 M-51 North, Dowagiac, MI 49047
Contact: Mike Staton, 269-673-0370, ext. 27, firstname.lastname@example.org
The results of the 2013 SMaRT on-farm research projects and other related soybean research will be presented. Participants will also learn about the future direction of Michigan Soybean Checkoff–funded research. Ample time has been provided for questions, comments and discussion. For more information, contact Mike Staton (above) or take a look at the SMaRT Meeting Flyer for 2014.
The Michigan Soybean Checkoff program is covering all costs. However, pre-registration is requested to ensure an accurate count for lunch and materials. Please call the Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee office in Frankenmuth at (877) 769-6424 before Friday, January 24th.
- 8:45 a.m. Registration and coffee
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome and SMaRT Project Introduction — Dr. Tim Boring, Research Director, Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee
- 9:15 a.m. 2013 SMaRT On-farm Research Trial Results (foliar growth promoters and plant protection products, soil fertility and plant nutrition) — Mike Staton, MSUE Soybean Educator
- 10:05 a.m. Break
- 10:15 a.m. 2013 SMaRT On-farm Research Trial Results (tillage, planting systems and seed
- treatments) — Mike Staton
- 10:45 a.m. Top 10 Factors Affecting Yields in Eight Years of the Michigan Soybean Yield Contest — Ned Birkey, Spartan Agricultural Consulting
- 11:00 a.m. Future Direction of MSPC-Funded Research and Open Discussion — Dr. Tim Boring and Mike Staton
- 12:00 noon Complimentary Lunch (courtesy of Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee)