2012 Update on Urban and Forest Tree Health in Michigan
Date: October 23, 2012
Time: 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Location: MSU Extension Tollgate Ed. Conference Center, 28115 Meadowbrook Rd, Novi, MI 48377
Many native and exotic insect and pathogen pests already affect Michigan trees and forests. Other serious pests are not yet here but are certainly on the horizon. If you work with trees in urban or forested settings, this workshop is for you. Up to date information on current and emerging forest pest issues will be presented by scientists and forest health specialists from Michigan, Ohio and Minnesota.
There is a $10 fee to attend the workshop, and covers lunch, coffee and materials. This fee must be paid at the door in cash or by check only.
To ensure a quality experience, enrollment is limited to 50 people for each workshop. Pre-registration is required and must be completed no later than October 5.
To pre-register, send an email to: email@example.com
In the email, you must:
- Provide your first and last name.
- Provide the name of the organization you are affiliated with.
- Indicate the workshop and workshop date you are registering for.
- Indicate if you have any dietary restrictions.
These workshops have been reviewed and are approved for:
- Certified pesticide applicator recertification credits by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural development (4 credits in Comm. core or CAT. 2 or CAT. 3B)
- SFI continuing education credits by the Michigan Sustainable Forestry Initiative Implementation Committee (4 credits)
Presentation topics and speakers:
- Asian Longhorned
Beetle: biology, impacts, Ohio situation
Amy Stone, Ohio State University Extension
- Reporting Asian
Longhorned Beetle suspects in Michigan
Deb McCullough,MSU and John Bedford., MDARD
- Emerald Ash Borer
- 1000 Cankers
Disease of Black Walnut
Manfred Mielke, USDA-FS
- Imprelis – A case
study of what went wrong
Bert Cregg, MSU
- Woolly Adelgids
we do not want to see
Deb McCullough,MSU and John Bedford, MDARD
- Oak Wilt and
other oak problems
Bob Heyd, DNR
- Bark Beetles and
exotic pest surveys in Michigan
Mike Philip, MDARD
- Results to date
from IPED and Detroit trees
- Beech Bark
Deb McCullough,MSU and Bob Heyd, DNR
- Forest and Urban
Roger Mech, DNR
- Annosum Root Rot
Manfred Mielke, USDA-FS
- Pesticide Recertification Credits and Evaluation