Sanilac 4-H Awards and Scholarships
Sanilac County 4-H members and volunteers wishing to attend leadership development training opportunities such as Kettunen Center Workshops, Exploration Days, National Congress, Citizenship Washington Focus, or any other 4-H sponsored event are encouraged to submit a trip/event scholarship application to 4-H Council to request financial assistance to pay registration fees for events. All applications must be presented at a 4-H Council meeting prior to the scheduled event. The applicant is responsible for covering all expenses not awarded by 4-H Council for their event. Most scholarship awards are paid as reimbursement once the applicant has attended an event; all scholarship funds will be revoked if the applicant no-shows without cancellation for an event.
Sanilac County 4-H County Awards
4-H County Awards are opportunity to recognize the 4-H youth in Sanilac County for their outstanding efforts in the 4-H program. In addition to providing recognition, the awards application process can also serve as an educational experience for youth as they learn to complete an awards application and request a letter of recommendation. Members will apply their skills in communication, organization, and self-motivation. 4-H volunteers are also recognized at the county awards event for their years of service to the 4-H program. The County Awards recognition event is scheduled for February 21, 2017 at the Sanilac County Career Center.
ALL AWARD APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE SANILAC COUNTY MSU EXTENSION OFFICE BY 4:30 P.M. JANUARY 6, 2017
2017 Sanilac County 4-H Awards Packet (complete packet; individual award applications available below)
- Coverpage (include with all award applications)
- Club Award Nomination Form (Outstanding Young Member, Outstanding Teen Member, Club All Star, Sportsmanship Award)
- Top Club Award
- 4-H Project Summary (County Medal, Head & Heart Award, college scholarship)
- My 4-H Story Essay (County Medal, Head & Heart Award, college scholarship)
- Recommendation Form (County Medal, Head & Heart Award, college scholarship, Danforth Award)
- Teen Leadership Award
- Michigan 4-H Key Club Award
- Danforth National I Dare You Leadership Award
- Kevin Kerbyson Outstanding Young Cattleman’s Award
- Sanilac County 4-H Council Post High School Educational Assistance Scolarship
Additional Sanilac County Scholarship and Award Opportunities
- John and Lila Cook/Peck United Methodist Church 4-H Scholarship Deadline February 1st; application through Sanilac County Community Foundation
Michigan 4-H State Awards Program offers an opportunity for 4-H members ages 11-19 to be recognized for their learning and achievements in 4-H. The State Awards program includes the Mark of Excellence Award (11-12 year olds), Junior Individual Awards (13-15 year olds), Senior Individual Awards (16-19 year olds), and Group Awards (13-19 year olds). Download the application and instructions from the website. All applications due February 1st.
View available scholarship opportunities for Michigan 4-H members at the website.
- Michigan 4-H Rabbit and Cavy Scholarship (12 grade; due November 1; amount varies)