4-H Horse Program
The Oceana County 4-H Horse Developmental Committee (HDC) oversees the 4-H Horse Project. For voting purposes, it is made up of two members from each 4-H horse club, one adult and one teen. However, everyone in the horse project is invited to attend the meetings so we can get as much input as possible. The committee makes all of the rules and guidelines for this project and is also in charge of all of the ribbons, awards, trophies, planning and organizing of the horse camp, shows, tack sale and making recommendations for judges for the fair. It supports itself financially through the tack sale and other fundraisers. This committee also provides a scholarship for any horse project member attending 4-H Exploration Days at Michigan State University.
Oceana County Horse Developmental Committee Officers 2015-2016
- Chad Coppess- President
- Erin Ross - Vice President
- Aaron Velat - Treasurer
- Mary Yeager - Secretary
For further HDC information, please see the following documents:
If you would like to have some input on the 4-H horse program, please come to the HDC meetings which are held once a month. Without participation in HDC, we would not be able to hold all of the programs that we do now. If you are interested in receiving a monthly postcard to remind you of the meetings, please call the office at 231-873-2129.
- 2013 Minutes: July 2013 Minutes, October 2013 Minutes, November 2013 Minutes,
- 2014 Minutes: January 2014 Minutes , March 2014 Minutes, May 2014 Minutes, June 2014 Minutes, July 2014 Minutes, Sept HDC Minutes 2014,
- 2015 Minutes: January Minutes 2015, HDC Minutes Feb. 2015, HDC March 2015 Minutes, April_Minutes_2015.pdf, HDC Minutes May 2015, June_Minutes_2015.pdf, July_Minutes 2015.pdf, Minutes_September_2015.pdf
- 2016 Minutes: Minutes_February_2016.pdf
Horse Program Forms
Oceana County 4-H Horse Project Registration is due to the office no later than May 2, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. This project registration pack inludes a picture, parent acknowledgement form and a valid 2016 negative Coggins.
- Level 1 Test
- Level 2 Test
- Level 3 Test
- Level 4 Test
- The Level Tests are being provided for educational purposes only, compliments of Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA). Please visits the CHA website to purchase your CHA Composite Manual of Horsemanship and other great resources.
OCHDC Open Youth Horse Shows
NEW ** 2016 OCHDC Open Youth & Adult Shaggy Show ** OCHDC_Shaggy_Show_Bill_2016.pdf
- 2016_Tab_Sheet.pdf- 2016 OCHDC Open Youth Horse Shows Tab Sheet
- Youth_Code_of_Conduct-Medical-Media_Release (For those who are not enrolled in Oceana County 4-H, you will need to fill out a medical/media release in order to participate.)
- Showbill_Sponsorship_Letter_and_Receipt_-_pdf- - for a $15.00 donation your business’ name will be included in the OCHDC showbills for the shows for the year.
- HDC_Banner_Sponsorship_Letter.pdf- for a $125.00 donation a banner (6 ‘x 2.5’) with your business log/message/information on it will be displayed at Oceana County horse project events including the Summer Open Youth Horse Shows and youth horse classes at the Oceana County Fair. The annual advertising renewal rate is $80.00 if you choose to do so. (Donations help cover costs of judges, ribbons, trophies and allow OCHDC to keep the cost of classes affordable. The OCHDC also sponsors youth scholarships and provides quality educational clinics with these funds. Thank you for your support!)
Tab Sheet for those attending the Oceana County Fair can be found on their website or here at: horse_tab_sheet_2016_fair.pdf