Kalamazoo County 4-H
Welcome to the Kalamazoo County 4-H Youth Development Program. Our Kalamazoo County youth are busy each year with projects and community service programs. They prepare and show their projects for the annual county fair as well as displays of horsemanship and showing their livestock.
Kalamazoo County MSU Extension 4-H staff:
Veronica Bolhuis, 4-H Program Coordinator
Visit the links on this page to view local 4-H events, the meeting calendar, Kalamazoo County 4-H newsletter and links to the State 4-H office for statewide events, project guidelines, as well as various forms for projects and workshops.
- County-wide Project Leaders
- General Club Information and History
- How to Join 4-H
- 4-H Online Registration System
- Benefits of 4-H
- Make a Donation to Kalamazoo County 4-H
- 4-H Depends on Volunteers
Newsletters and Calendars
4-H Open Horse Show
July 9 - 10, 2016
Horsemanship Pattern - Grand Champion
Showmanship Pattern (classes 5-8)
Showmanship Sweepstakes & Grand Champion Pattern
English Equitation Pattern (classes 53-56)
English Equitation Pattern - Grand Champion
Kalamazoo County Fair
Aug. 8-13, 2016
Kalamazoo County Expo Center & Fairgrounds 2900 Lake St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Kalamazoo County 4-H Livestock Auction
Aug. 11, 2016
Small animal sale begins at 9:00 a.m.
Buyer lunch at approximately 12:00 p.m.
Large animal sale will begin at approximately 1:00
Kalamazoo County Expo Center & Fairgrounds
4-H Benefit Scrapbooking Day
Sept. 17, 2016
9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
9929 S. M-43, Delton, MI 49046
4-H Club Pages
- Cooper Cavaliers
- Hickory Corners
- Schoolcraft/Schoolcraft Showstoppers
- StrykeForce Robotics Club
- Teen Club
Kalamazoo 4-H Councils
Kalamazoo County has four 4-H Councils:
- The Leaders Council consists of adult and teen representatives of each community club. The council sets county policy and fundraises to support the overall 4-H program.
- Livestock Superintendents Association (LSA) consists of Superintendents of each market animal species. They are responsible for setting policy concerning market animals and hosts the annual livestock auction at the fair.
- Horse Council consists of horse leaders who set policy for the horse project. They are responsible for hosting the annual tack sale and open horse show.
- Dog Council consists of dog leaders who set policy for the dog project.
Please click on the following links for further information on each of the councils.
- Horse Council By-Laws
- Kalamazoo County Horse Project Sponsorship Form
- Leaders Council By-Laws
- Livestock Superintendents Association By-Laws
- Dog Council (coming soon)
State 4-H Opportunities
Other Websites of Interest
- 4-H History
- Kalamazoo County Fair
- 4-H programs in other states
- MSU 4-H Children Garden
- Kettunen Center (4-H training center)
- 4-H Virtual Farm - there is information on beef, fishing, agriculture and more. This site is courtesy of the Virginia Cooperation Extension. There are a lot of interactive activities to help you learn - even if you’ve never been on a farm.