Parents and caregivers have the greatest influence on children’s development and therefore their future academic success. Be your child’s best resource and advocate. Through the research-based Nurturing Parenting course parents and caregivers will learn techniques and gain knowledge about how children learn and grow.
The Nurturing Parenting program emphasizes raising children in a warm, caring and trusting home. It is a free program for Clinton County parents with children between the ages of birth and eight. Participants will receive a certificate of accomplishment after six classes.
Skills and strategies for parents include:
- The philosophy and practices of Nurturing Parenting
- Ages and stages of growth for infants and toddlers
- Ways to enhance positive brain development in children
- Communicating with respect
- Building self-worth in children
- Understanding feelings
- Understanding and developing family morals, values & rules
- Praising children and their behavior
- Alternatives to spanking
- Learning positive ways to deal with stress and anger
Nurturing Parenting courses are on-going and free of charge. Classes are set up in a ten-class series, however, you are welcome to join the classes at any point during the series. Each class is 90 minutes. Unfortunately, childcare is NOT provided at this time.