Arenac County 4-H
A 4-H club is a place where young people and adults come together for learning and activities.
Youth and adults experience:
- fun and meaningful learning experiences
- a sense of community
- positive relationships with peers and mentors
- exposure to diverse ideas and age appropriate resources
- science and exploration of careers related to their interests
- opportunities to evaluate their work
4-H is for youth age 5 to 19. Adults age 19+ can join as volunteers.
4-H clubs and programs happen in every Michigan county. There are many projects to choose from in which youth from cities, suburbs, towns and rural communities can participate.
The annual 4-H participation fee and insurance fee per youth in Arenac County is $20 per youth or a maximum of $60 per family of three (3) or more. If youth are eligible for free/reduced school lunch, the participation fee will be covered THANKS to the generous donation from the Arenac County 4-H Foundation. Simply call the MSU Extension office after completing the 4-H Online registration and ask for a 4-H participation fee scholarship application.
Some projects have additional costs for supplies, equipment, travel, etc.
Youth 4-H Membership
To join a 4-H Club, you just need to find one that works best for your family! Contact the Arenac County 4-H to get more information about clubs and programs near you.
Be prepared with answers to the following:
- What is your name?
- What are the names and ages of your children?
- What is your email address? We’ll send you a packet of information.
- What type of projects is your family interested in pursuing through 4-H?
- Are the adults of the family willing to be involved in a leadership role?
Volunteer for 4-H
Just five steps to becoming a 4-H volunteer!
- Decide that you have the time and interest to help kids explore and chart positive futures.
- Consider volunteering to lead a 4-H group in your community, your local school (before or after school), your church or any other location where there are kids who need positive, committed adult role models in their lives.
- Contact the Arenac County 4-H Program Coordinator to find out about your ideas or local opportunities for 4-H involvement.
- Complete Michigan State University Extension’s Child Well-Being Volunteer Selection Process. The 4-H Program Coordinator will be happy to discuss this process with you.
- Share your skills, knowledge and talents while having fun with kids, and you’re sure to make a difference in their lives.
For more information about the Arenac County 4-H program, please visit our Facebook and web pages:
Arenac County 4-H Foundation
Arenac County 4-H Foundation is a non-profit organization governed by a board of directors that invests donated funds and uses the returns from these investments to assist Arenac County youth enrolled in the 4-H program to attend camps, educational workshops, MSU Exploration Days held on the campus of MSU, Capital Experience in Lansing, and Citizenship Washington Focus in our nations capital. They also give post high school scholarships to graduating seniors and college sophmores, provide club project support, support individuals in exchange programs, give volunteer leaders the opportunity to attend an educational workshop annually, host the annual appreciation banquet for Arenac County 4-H Volunteer Leaders, and give 4-H participation fee scholarships to youth in need of assistance.
Grants and Scholarships- Arenac County 4-H Foundation provides grants to local 4-H clubs and organizations for 4-H project supplies and educational experiences. Grant applications are due to the 4-H Program Coordinator by the Monday before the 4-H Foundation meet. Foundation meetings are held quarterly on the fourth Monday of the month in January, April, July, and October. Post High School scholarships are available to youth planning to attend a trade school, business school, community college, or university. Applicants must have completed at least three (3) years of project work in Arenac County 4-H and be available for a personal interview with the scholarship selection committee. Scholarship applications are due to the MSU Extension office by March 31st.
If you would like to donate to the Arenac County 4-H Foundation and help support the youth of our community, simply download this brochure, complete the requested information and mail along with your donation to the address provided.