4-H Camp Kidwell
4-H Camp Kidwell
Allegan County 4-H is one of the few, if not only, 4-H programs which has its own 4-H camp. In 1949, Allegan County 4-H clubs pledged money to purchase the former Lily Point Resort on Eagle Lake from the Kidwell family. Cabins were built that first year that still stand today, along with the original lodge. Improvements and additions to the camp have been made throughout the years while keeping the rustic charm. A bathhouse with first aid and laundry facilities was added in the 1990’s. Over 150 acres adjoining the camp was purchased enabling the horses to have trails and a nice grazing area; a climbing wall and ropes course was added along with a shooting sports area and ball fields. The 4-H Camp Kidwell Director and family reside in a home located on the camp property. The camp is also available for rent – please see the website for details.
4-H Camp Kidwell is an American Camp Association (ACA) accredited and State of Michigan licensed facility. 4-H Camp Kidwell is owned and operated by the Allegan County 4-H Clubs Inc., a board of 12 people made up of 4-H leaders, former MSU Extension staff and 4-H supporters. 4-H Camp Kidwell runs numerous events and activities throughout the year. The focus is the 5-6 weeks of 4-H Camp held each summer. Youth attend from across the state and also from out-of-state. Non-4-H youth are welcome to attend and get a taste of 4-H life!
Activities and Events
- 2016 Year Round Events
- 2017 Gift Certificates for Camp (coming soon)
- 2017 4-H Camp Kidwell Golf Scramble (coming soon)
- 2017 4-H Memorial Day Weekend Open House
- 2017 4-H Camp Kidwell Summer Camp Info (coming soon)
- 2017 4-H Food Booth Cooking
- 2017 4-H Food Booth at the Allegan County Fair
- 2017 Halloween Festival (weekend before Halloween)
- 2017 Halloween Festival Volunteers Needed!
- 2016 Festival of Trees
- 2016 Cookies & Canvas (new this year on Dec 1 at Festival of Trees)
- 2016 4-H Winter Camp
Fun at Camp Kidwell